Precautions and Prevention
The health and safety of both you and I is paramount.
Therefore I’ve decided to discontinue home visits and have moved into treatment rooms at the Ashcroft Therapy Centre, Deddington, (6 miles south of Banbury).
The Centre has it’s own Covid infection control strategy
(https://www.ashcrofttherapycentre.co.uk) and is cleaned on a daily basis.
I’ve also carried out risk assessments and have implemented infection control procedures to ensure good professional practice. whilst no one can eliminate all risk, I will do my utmost to ensure my treatment area is safe for you to visit.
As part of minimising the risk of infection:
- I’ve passed the NHS “infection, prevention & control – Level 2” training module.
- I’ll be cleaning the treatment couch, & washing touch points, in-between each patients’ appointment
- Wearing appropriate PPE
- Providing hand gel and a surgical face mask for you to wear too
- Leaving at least 10 minutes between each appointment
- Keeping good air flow, we’ll be keeping a window open at all times
- I’ll also be listening to you, to see if there are any improvements/suggestions you would like to make
The Triage Process
As part of the coronavirus recommendations , I’ll be able to see most folk now. For those who would like to make an appointment, contact me by phone or e mail. the process will involve a phone call ( approx. 5 mins), to ascertain if treatment is appropriate. Each call is like a mini risk assessment in itself, you are an active member of this process, we both decide.
Here are some reasons treatment will not/may not be offered at the moment
- A high temperature- this means you feel hot to touch on your chest and back
- A new, continuous cough (this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- A Loss of smell or taste
- If you are identified you as ‘clinically extremely vulnerable’
- If you have certain underlying conditions or are taking certain medications (everyone is different and the public health guidelines are being updated all of the time)
- I look forward to welcoming you back to Clements Osteopathy, in it’s new home